THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY OF LONDON
Lettsom House, 11 Chandos Street, London, W1G 9EB
020 7580 1043
NEXT EVENT is The Christmas Dinner and Auction on 13 December 2023 at 1745 for 1830 - DETAILS ON THE MEETINGS PAGE
The Harveian Society of London:
· Provides an interdisciplinary meeting place for all those interested in the medical sciences.
· Has a programme of meetings on a wide range of topics relating to health, the humanities and society
· Funds travel bursaries and prizes for junior doctors, medical students and sixth-formers from Kent schools associated with William Harvey.
· Meets monthly at the Medical Society of London for lectures and debates, preceded by supper.
· Has an annual programme of visits and social occasions open to members
If you have a background in any discipline involved with medicine, human or veterinary, or in biomedical science you will find that the society’s meetings provide a unique opportunity to be intellectually entertained and have your mind stretched. It is one of the few organisations that bridges a wide range of professional and scientific disciplines and provides a space for sharing knowledge and experience with like-minded people, just for the pleasure of doing so.
Its pedigree is a long one, back to its foundation in 1831. The Medical Society of London building in Chandos Street is a Regency gem, antedating the Harveian and built in 1808.
THE SOCIETY NOW PUBLISHES A REVIEW OF EACH PRESIDENT'S YEAR -
THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY GDPR STATEMENT FOR ALL MEMBERS IS BELOW - PLEASE READ AND NOTE IT
A NEW AND UPDATED BOOKLET ON THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY IS AVAILABLE AS A PDF